Monday, September 8, 2008

My Backyard Mini Book

I have been wanting to do this book for a long time and finally got around to it today. When I first bought my house the backyard was all cement with three nasty sheds across them. So I came up with this plan to create a raised fenced in "courtyard". Last spring my dad and I built forms, poured cement, make steps and put up fence posts (he actually put up the fence pickets by himself). Then Kip and I laid a small patio and walkway and planted a bunch of plants. I love the result. My courtyard continues to fill in and evolve each season. I added in the tags that come on the plant, therefore I can refer back to them if needed. I also left blank pages in the back of the book so I can add more photos as I add additional plants or each spring to show the grow of my backyard. Below are some photos of my mini book.






1 comment:

Jen Mc said...

This is a beautiful book! Great job!